This has been a year of change for us.
John left Home Depot in March and stayed home with the kids
for a few months before getting a job in the IT department at a Catholic high school here in Plano. It’s nice that he now works normal hours, including
being home on weekends and holidays. He also went back to kung fu after his
knee healed and recently received his yellow belt.
I am still a technical writer with Tyler Technologies, but I will be taking on the editor role when I return from my Christmas break.
I am in my second year of helping lead Mara’s Girl Scout troop and am a first-year Girl Scout cookie mom. I have also become more involved with the PTA and Mara’s school, serving as a room mom,
directory editor, and yearbook photographer/editor.
Mara is now 6½ and in first grade. She still loves art and
sea animals (especially killer whales), and our recent trip to SeaWorld made her want to become a whale trainer even more.
Jack finally started walking a few months ago, and now he’s
on the go non-stop. He is a total boy, getting into and onto everything.
It's nice to be able to spend more time together as a family. It works out well since John's work schedule is more inline with the school schedule, and I have five weeks of vacation since I've been at Tyler for more than 11 years.
So, that's a brief review of our year. We're really looking forward to the new year and excited to see what it will bring.
So, that's a brief review of our year. We're really looking forward to the new year and excited to see what it will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment