Sunday, November 13, 2011

Slowing Down

Now that Mara's done with her swimming lessons, it felt like we really slowed down this week.

Monday, November 7


Mara asked to make her favorite chicken (Parmesan-crusted chicken), and she wanted to help. She's usually off doing her own thing while we make dinner, but she was very interested in seeing how to make this meal.

Tuesday, November 8


We recently bought these candles to help freshen up our home.We liked them so much that I went out and bought more (especially since a couple of them are fall-only scents). Now, I just need to find one that smells like a fresh-cut Christmas tree so we can burn that next month. I've heard that Yankee Candle has one, but I need to go and see if it smells like I want it to before I get it. :)

Wednesday, November 9


This week is Silly Week at daycare, and today was hat day. I tried to get Jack to wear the Angry Bird pig hat we had, but he refused. However, Mara had no problem wearing it for the picture.

Thursday, November 10


All week long, Mara has been working on a project about the north Atlantic Ocean. Here she is showing off what she's going to turn in tomorrow.

Friday, November 11



We attended the International Christmas Market at our church again this year. And just like last year, the kids' favorite part was the cut-out animals.

Saturday, November 12


I spent part of my day getting re-certified in CPR.

Sunday, November 13




The school where John works had an open house today. Mara loved the science exhibits. She got to touch a Van de Graaff generator that made her hair stand on end. We even got to take a tour of the school.

No comments: