Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hospital Tour

Mara participated in the "older sibling" hospital tour today. It was only her and another little girl, and it worked out perfectly. They were able to get individual attention, and it was fairly laid back. Mara got to spend a lot of time on the postpartum floor when my dad was in the hospital back in October, so she knew that floor pretty well, but we also got to see the labor and delivery area as well. I think she got a lot out of tour, including not to touch anything red in any of the rooms where I'll be staying at the hospital. We even learned a few things that have changed since we had Mara there.

The tour also helped us start talking to Mara about what will happen when the baby comes and where she'll be staying. John and I had talked about it before, but we hadn't really discussed it with Mara.

I am now 32 weeks pregnant, so it's not much longer now. I am now going to the doctor every other week, and I'm still measuring right on target. I still don't know where the time has gone since the Fourth of July when I first found out I was pregnant.

No comments: