Friday, August 15, 2008

Eight years

It's hard to believe that I've now been with the same company for eight years as of yesterday.

When we were still in Stillwater, we knew that we were going to move to the DFW Metroplex as soon as we were done in school so that we could be close to our families. Despite having several job interviews, no offers had come through, but we decided to move down here anyway in May 2000. In late July, I finally received an offer to come work at The Software Group (also called TSG but now goes by it parent company name – Tyler Technologies), and I started work on August 14.

For the first seven years, I was a communications specialist/technical writer, and then I received my promotion to be manager of the Communications Department last October.

When I accepted the job, I had no idea how long I would stay here. The longest I had been at any job (aside from babysitting) was for three years. But, I really like what I do and the people I work with. Sure, sometimes I get stressed out and wonder why I'm still here, but I doubt I'd be any happier anywhere else.

So here's a happy anniversary to me. :)

No comments: