Friday, June 6, 2008

Recovering

I had planned to take this afternoon off for a couple of months now. Today was most likely the day we would have found out whether we were having a boy or a girl. It's been hard, but John and I decided to spend this afternoon at a movie to help take our minds off of what might have been today. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It was pretty good and a nice escape from reality. :)

While it's been hard coping with everything that has happened the past five weeks, I've been slowly learning that it's all for the better. Over the past three weeks, I had two people on my staff resign. I was anxiously awaiting the day both of them turned in their resignations, so I was very relieved when the day came. I had been having issues with both of the people for a few months now, and the atmosphere in my department is so much better now.

On the downside, that means that I have to replace half of my department. Luckily, we found one replacement almost immediately (she starts on the 16th), but we're still looking for someone to fill the second position. I'm really looking forward to what my department will become now that we have the rotten apples out of the way.

But back to the original point of this post. I see now that it would have been very difficult if I was expecting a baby in July as I originally wanted. It would still be hard on my department if I was due in October too. So, I guess God does know what He's doing. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there,

I share your sadness today, but you are right. God knows things we don't and He has a way of arranging them to best fit us. Praying that you get the right person in the right fit.

I'm proud of you, ma'am.

much love
Pat