I know I'm a little late in posting this update, but I thought I'd let you all know how last weekend went.
After dropping off Mara, we went to see the new Get Smart movie. I was a little hesitant going in to the movie because I was a big fan of the show (in reruns of course) and hadn't read any reviews about the new movie. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I was laughing out loud during several parts, and it usually takes a lot to get me to actually laugh when watching a movie or something on TV. I would definitely recommend the movie, and we already plan on getting it when it comes out on DVD.
Back at our fifth anniversary, we decided to pick up a few CDs and find a song or two that we could identify as "our song." I wanted to do that again for our 10th anniversary, so after the movie, we headed toward Target. We couldn't really decide on any CDs there, but we goofed off for a while and picked up some snacks for our weekend. We then swung by Wal-Mart and finally found some CDs we liked before checking in to the hotel.
After searching for a few weeks, we finally decided to stay at the Hyatt Place hotel right here in Plano (and yes, that really is the hotel lobby pictured in the link). I drive by it almost daily on my way home from work, but it gave us great access to all the things we might want to do on our weekend. We also had a nice big room with plenty of space. So, after we checked into the hotel, we lounged around a little bit while trying to decide what to have for dinner. We finally decided to go to Cathy's Wok for dinner, and then we walked around Stonebriar some before heading back to the hotel to listen to some music and play Star Wars Legos on the Wii.
We had breakfast at the hotel and then played the Wii until it was time for us to check out. When we left the hotel, we knew we wanted to do something more but didn't know what to do. We ended up coming back home and catching up on some of our shows that we had recorded on our DVR. Later in the afternoon, we went to lunch/dinner at Cristina's in Frisco.
When we were ready to pick up Mara, we called my family only to find out they were getting ready to take the kids to see Kung Fu Panda – a movie Mara had been asking to see for a few weeks now. Mara had only been to one other movie at the theater. We took her to see Cars when it came out, and she did OK (had to leave the theater a couple of times). Ironically, it is now one of her favorite movies.
Well, they were heading to the theater at Stonebriar, which was right behind where we were eating, so we joined them for the movie. Mara was a little tired after spending the night with her cousins and then not getting a nap that day, but she enjoyed it and the movie was good. I think we'll take her to see Wall-E when it comes out.
We dubbed Sunday as a "family day" since it's so rare that we get to spend all day together. Aside from eating lunch with some of our friends, it was just the three of us that day.
All in all, it was a nice way to spend our 10th anniversary.
No comments:
Post a Comment