Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mara's Birthday Party

I know that I'm a few days late, but I wanted to share some pictures from Mara's birthday party. It was a lot of fun, and Mara had a great time at her birthday party Saturday. It was nice that we could have that many family members and friends join us to celebrate her birthday.

Mara's birthday theme was the Littlest Pet Shop, and we had the party at a farm. There were a lot of animals there, including horses, longhorn cattle, and buffalo. You could also feed the sheep and goats, including a little baby goat that was just running around.



We were supposed to have a hayride too, but they couldn't do it since it rained the night before. Instead, they took the kids around on a barrel ride pulled by a tractor. I don't think the kids missed not getting a hayride, and I know my bottom appreciated skipping it as well. :)


We bought Mara's cake from Albertson's and then added a Littlest Pet Shop birthday playset to go with the theme of her party. It was a double bonus as Mara loved the cake and then ended up with a new LPS set to play with.



We were also able to find the perfect goody bags for her party. We had four different types of Littlest Pet Shop bags that I found at Target, and we filled them with bubbles, Play-Doh, stickers, a velvet coloring page, and a piece of candy. They were all a big hit.


Mara also got a lot of neat presents, including several Littlest Pet Shop set. It's nice to know that so many people know our daughter well enough to know that she would love anything animal related for her birthday. Since it turned out to be a nice afternoon, we decided to go ahead and open some presents at the farm before heading back to our house to open the rest. (In fact, we ended up getting kicked out of the farm because the employees were ready to go home.)



It was a really great day even though Mara had to forego her nap and was dead tired by the time the day was over.

BTW, since I was posting pictures here, I also went back and added a few pictures to the Easter post. So, you might want to scroll down to check those out.

No comments: