Mara has been full of cute sayings recently. It seems like something fun comes out of her mouth almost daily. Here are just a few of them.
When she was going through her Easter basket, she came across the yellow Peeps. She picked them up to look at them and said, "They're so bea-u-ti-ful ... just like me."
When she went to school one morning, she sat down next to a boy in her class, grabbed his hand, and asked, "Will you be my friend today?" He responded, "Yes, Mara, I'll be your friend."
She likes to give multiple choice answers when she asks a question. She'll pretend to be on the phone with me while we're in the car, and she'll start the conversation, "Are you there, Mommy? Yes or no?"
An oldie but a goody is something she said last summer. We were in the car, and she was playing around with her nose. I asked her if she had something up her nose, and she told me, "Yes. Cheeseburgers." Now if you ask her what's up her nose, it's just "boogers."
1 comment:
Kids and words. I still remember the day I was really upset with John Edgar (he was 2 or 3) and really chewing him out.
He looked at me very intently the whole time and when I asked, "Do you understand me, young man?"
he nodded and said, "Mommy, do you know you have hairs in your nose?"
Couldn't help the laugh that burst out of me. Can't remember what I was so upset about either. Ah, kids.
love
Pat
Post a Comment