I remember taking road trips during the summer when I was growing up and wanted to take our kids on one. A couple of months ago, we decided to take the sever-hour drive to Memphis, Tennessee, so we could go to the zoo and see some of the sights around there.
Our trip started expanding when I discovered that the Tennessee Aquarium had cuttlefish, which both Mara and Jack love. However, the aquarium is in Chattanooga, which is on the other side of the state. When I looked at the map, I discovered it was just a couple of hours north of Atlanta, which was one of the destinations we were talking about for next year. After talking it over with John, we decided to extend our road trip from just Memphis to include Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta.
The only drawback to that plan was that we would just be coming back across the middle of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I wanted to make this trip fun for all of us, so we decided to cut our stay in Atlanta short by a day so we could go a couple of hours out of our way and drive along the gulf coast.
And that's how we planned our road trip. ☺
Before we loaded up the car for the trip, I took the kids to the dentist for a cleaning. Then, we left this afternoon to head to Memphis. As part of our trip, we are trying to drive by as many state capitols as we can. First stop was Little Rock, Arkansas. The kids did pretty well for this leg of the trip even though we got to Memphis kind of late. Thankfully, our longest drives are today and on the way home, so we won't be in the car for this long again until next weekend.
See more pictures here.



No comments:
Post a Comment