I told a few people going into my appointment today that I would be surprised if there were no changes to my readiness for delivery based on the aches and pains I've been feeling this past week. What I didn't expect to discover was that the baby turned around and is now breech when he's been head down most of this pregnancy. Guess that's why I've been feeling more down low – that's where he's been kicking me!
We first found out about the breech position with today's sonogram today. It was just a quick one to check the baby's vitals (he scored an 8 out of 8), and no weight check this time since they only do those every other week. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the sleeping boy either even though the tech got a good shot of the front of his face for my doctor. I didn't even ask for pictures because I thought that last one of his face would be for us, and I didn't realize I wouldn't be getting it until the sonogram was over and she was putting it in my file. :(
So, I go back next Tuesday for another sonogram. This one will include a weight check, and I'll try my hardest to get a picture. It will most likely be my last visit before my induction. Can't believe it's so close! Hopefully the boy turns head down in the meantime. My doctor gave me some exercises I can do to help that happen. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment