We started a bad habit when Mara was little of always laying down with her or cuddling with her to get her to sleep. However, the past couple of weeks, she has been going to sleep on her own, and I think we've finally broken the cycle. Now, we just tuck her in bed and turn on her music, and she goes to sleep. It's amazing how quickly she is growing up.
Tuesday, February 10
Mara has recently developed a fascination with my hair. She loves to get behind me when I'm sitting on the couch and play with it. She even pretends to spray it and braid it. Luckily I've developed a pretty tough head over the years. :)
Wednesday, February 11
John closed at work tonight, so Mara and I met him at the store and went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Mara's been on a real CFA kick recently. Usually, we can talk her into going wherever we want, but we couldn't talk her out of going there tonight. Not that we minded much. :) As always, she enjoyed a sweet tea for her drink.
Thursday, February 12
With all the great weather this week, we've also been having some really great sunsets. I saw one tonight in my rearview mirror on my way home from work, but I knew it would be over by the time I got home. This is the shot I got of the sunset in my rearview mirror.
Friday, February 13
Today was a very busy day for us. Mara had her Valentine's Day party at school where she enjoyed Cheetos for lunch, Lori placed first in her group at a skating competition (see previous post), and we celebrated it all by having dinner at GattiTown.
Saturday, February 14
We didn't really get to celebrate Valentine's Day today because Mara had a birthday party this morning, and then John had to work the rest of the day. We did make the time to give Mara her Valentine's Day present this morning. She got a card with music and a Littlest Pet Shop monkey that she can decorate herself. John also got us cookies from work. As for the birthday party, it was at a bounce house place, which Mara typically doesn't like (not for a lack of trying), but she finally started to warm up to the place today. That's good considering she has another birthday party at an inflatable playground again next Saturday.
Sunday, February 15
It's hard to believe that Mara's birthday is only five weeks away. That means that we are in the midst of making plans for her birthday party. Tonight we went to the park where we are planning to have her party. Mara liked playing on the playground and going to look at the ducks and geese at the lake. She's really looking forward to having her party there now.
No comments:
Post a Comment