Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maybe there's something in the water

Mara and I went to a birthday party for one of her school friend today. There are two kids that Mara has been in school with since she started (Grace and Logan), and they are still pretty good friends. I hadn't seen Grace's mom in a while, and I found out today that she's due with another girl in three weeks. On top of that, Logan's mom just found out she's pregnant and due in October. When we were leaving, I also discovered that another one of Mara's friends (Ben) is going to be a big brother sometime this year too.

At first, I wasn't sure what to think of all of this news. I mean, I'm happy for all of them, but I couldn't help thinking that I should be a part of that group too and that I had already had two chances. Then, I realized that maybe it's a sign and that it will happen to us soon too. I pray that's the case. It would be neat if Mara and all of her school friends had siblings all the same age.

No comments: