Friday, December 5, 2008

22 vials!

I went for my blood draw today to see if they can figure out what's going on with the miscarriages and all. I wasn't sure exactly what tests my doctor wants run, but I figured they would draw a decent amount of blood. What I wasn't expecting, though, was that they were going to fill 22 of the smaller vials of blood. It was probably the equivalent of a pint or so. Now, we just have to wait about two weeks for all of the tests results to come back. Hopefully it will be worth it, and we'll find out what's going on.

However, I'm not going to be the only one who has to have blood tests. John's also going to have to go to his primary care physician so they can run a chromosomal test. We don't think that's what's going on since we had Mara without a problem, but he's going to try to schedule his blood draw for next week.

Both John and I have a feeling the miscarriages have something to do with a clotting issue, so I'm starting to take baby aspirin again. My doctor prescribed it to me before my second miscarriage was confirmed, and she wanted me to stop so that my blood work would be more true. I figured it wouldn't hurt to start taking it again in case I do get pregnant again before we know know for sure what's wrong.

So, now we're waiting until around December 19 to hear what might have caused my miscarriages this year. In the meantime, we're enjoying the weekend in San Antonio and looking forward to going to SeaWorld tomorrow. :)

No comments: