Thursday, October 23, 2008

Remembering

Today was supposed to be my estimated due date with my pregnancy earlier this year.

John and I took this week off. I knew I wouldn't be able to get much done at work – especially today. Instead, we have been using the time to get some things done around the house and tend to Mara. I'm hoping that this week will help me heal a little bit more. I know that everything has worked out for the best, but I still can't help but wonder what might have been.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm battling a slight case of depression, but then I look at my wonderful family and wonder how that can be. I do know that I get down, though, and it seems to happen more frequently recently. I think it has to do with this month. All this month, I couldn't help but think of how far along I should be. It's been harder and harder to concentrate on work recently, and I know I've been much more irritable recently.

I know that things are already looking better for us, and I hope that we will have some great news to share with everyone in the near future.

2 comments:

The Barreness said...

Anniversaries of Due dates suck. After 5 miscarriages Baron and I just decided to remember them all on one day, memorial day. It kind of has helped take the pain out of all those days.. the day they were due, the day you found out you were pregnant, the day you found out they were gone.. it's just easier to face it all on one day. I hope today isn't to bad for you. Please, if you feel you are depressed, there is no shame in talking to somebody about it. Baron and I will be praying for peace for you and John today.
Blessings,
-Megan

Anonymous said...

It's hard and seems like you can't get out of the dark place. It does get easier. You never forget, but when you look at the faces of your kids later it soothes it just a bit. Hang in there. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you guys soon.