Friday, March 28, 2008

Boy or Girl?

I know I'm only 10 weeks along, but I have to tell you that I would be surprised if this baby isn't a boy. This pregnancy has been really different than the one with Mara. That one was a breeze. This one, however, I've had to deal with more issues and it hasn't been quite as easy. I'm not sure how much of that I can attribute to getting sick before I was even six weeks along or just the fact that every pregnancy is different.

Whichever it is, here are some of the things I've noticed that make me think this baby is a boy.

I think I've actually had morning sickness or all-day sickness this time around. It's not like I've been throwing up or anything – my stomach just feels off most days. Hopefully it will go away soon as I leave this first trimester behind in a few weeks.

My skin is the clearest its been since I became pregnant with Mara.

The spotting is something that is definitely new.

I went to Carter's last week and was just drawn to the boys clothes. I know that doesn't really mean much, but considering we bought Mara two dresses from Carter's before I even knew I was pregnant with her, it's almost like my body is telling me. :)

Then you have to look at family history. On John's side, it's common for a girl to be born first followed by a boy. That's also the way it was for my siblings.

I guess we'll find out in 9-10 weeks if I'm right. If this baby turns out to be another girl, I'd love her just the same, but I would still be surprised. Besides, we already have two boy names waiting to be used, but we've already used the only girl name we had. :)

ETA: Apparently Mara thinks this baby is a boy too. When I asked her if she was getting a baby brother or a baby sister, she said baby brother. Of course, this was after I verified that she realized brother meant boy and sister meant girl. :)

No comments: