Monday, July 12
We went and picked up our new (to us) minivan at John's parents' house yesterday, so today was my first day to really drive it. I think the kids like it and especially enjoyed being picked up in it. As soon as we can figure out why the VCR doesn't play, Mara will be in heaven.
Tuesday, July 13
We usually give Jack a bath, but sometimes it's easier to just shower with him – especially if we're not already giving Mara a bath. He wasn't too sure about the shower at first, but I think he's getting more used to it. He tends to make a funny little gasping sound sometimes, though.
Wednesday, July 14
Mara has started playing with her American Girl doll more recently. She got a catalog of new and existing items today, and when I asked her if she saw anything in it that she wanted, her response was, "Yeah. Everything." I'm thinking of maybe taking her to the AG store her first week of school to commemorate it. I think it would be cute to get her the cat costume or ballerina outfit.
Thursday, July 15
We like thin tortilla chips, but it's been hard to find them since Wal-Mart stopped carrying On the Border chips. We've found that Mission makes a good replacement, and they're cheaper too.
Friday, July 16
See Friday's picture here.
Saturday, July 17
We went to the store and bought Mara's backpack and lunchbox for school. Now, we just need to take her to get her supplies. Maybe next weekend. Also, Jack rolled over three times from his tummy to his back tonight. I wasn't able to catch any of them in a picture or movie, but he was in the process of rolling when I snapped the above picture.
Sunday, July 18
Mara has been working toward the goals on her chore chart, and she finally completed a set today. She decided to earn the Barbie and the Mermaid Tale DVD, which is currently her favorite movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment