Sunday, September 28, 2008

A new addition

When John got home from work today, he told me he wanted to show me something. I turned around to see that he was holding a box. I looked in the box, and there was a little kitten in there. John told me that when he pulled into the driveway, he noticed a box behind our fence, sticking out into the alleyway. He went to pick up the box to put it in our recycling bin when he felt something go thump in it, and then there was a little "mew."

We decided that someone dumped the kitty. She's pretty young (probably about 6 weeks old or so), and the box had been folded so she couldn't get out. Plus, the box wasn't there when John went back to work just three hours earlier.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do with her at first, but she's so cute and Mara immediately fell in love with her "little kitty." So, I guess we're going to keep her. John's going to take her to the vet to have her checked out tomorrow. Aside from a couple of fleas, she seems perfectly healthy to us. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

We haven't settled on a name yet, but we're leaning toward Doxy to keep in line with the names of the rest of our cats. Here are some pictures of her. Check out her blue/gray eyes in the third one.




No comments: