Monday, September 15, 2008

Jesus, spaghetti, and playing at the park

I know it's a strange title for a post, but it wraps up our Sunday quite nicely. :)

After worrying what kind of weather we would have this weekend thanks to Hurricane Ike, yesterday turned out to be a really beautiful day here.

My dad picked us up to go to church since Lori was getting her third grade bible. We got to the church (aka Mara's school) early, so we went and hung out at a garden that they recently completed that has a huge statue of Jesus in it. Every day after we pick up Mara from school, she always wants to go see Jesus. So, I took this opportunity to get some pictures of her with Jesus.


There's also a fountain there, and Mara conned Granddad out of a few coins to put in the fountain.


After church, we went to Friday's for lunch. Both Mara and Lani got spaghetti, and they really enjoyed it.





Later that afternoon, I decided to take Mara to the park down the street from us. It had been a while since we had been there because it had been so hot the last few months, but it was a great day yesterday.




Mara even showed me how she can now climb up on the "big" equipment all by herself now. I used to have to pick her up and set her on the platform, which is about even with my chin, but I no longer have to do that. I can't believe how big she's getting! (Also, notice the perfect colors of the sky and grass in these pictures – and I didn't touch it up at all.)




Check out the static on her hair!


The only thing that would have made yesterday even better was if John could have joined us, but he had to work. At least we were able to spend the day with him Saturday.

No comments: