Sunday, August 30, 2009

The week where everything breaks

Monday, August 24



Mara attended her first day of Pre-K today. We think she's likes the class, but she still misses her old teachers.

Tuesday, August 25


We bought our washer and dryer shortly after we moved to DFW in 2000, and the washer finally decided to give out on the first cycle of a load of clothes last night. So, tonight, we went out and bought a new set that will arrive Saturday.

Wednesday, August 26


I've been craving comfort foods lately, so tonight we had pot roast for dinner. It was very yummy.

Thursday, August 27


Something didn't feel right when I backed out of the driveway to take Mara to school, so I decided to stop in the alleyway and check the car. My rear driver-side tire was flat. After roadside assistance came to put the donut on my car, I took Mara to school and then went to get the tire fixed. We were lucky it happened this way because I found out the steel belt was actually separating from my other rear tire. Since we had the road hazard warranty on it, I was able to get both of my tires replaced for only $33.50 (the price difference for the tires since they didn't have the one we had in stock plus warranties for the new tires).

Friday, August 28


We ate at one of our favorite Chinese food restaurants tonight with my family. Mara and Lani dug right into the food.

Saturday, August 29




This morning, I took Mara to Wal-Mart to participate in a Lego event while John stayed at home to wait on our new washer and dryer. Mara got to build a crab out of Legos at Wal-Mart. It was a little complicated, but I think she had a lot of fun. As for our washer and dryer, we bought a stackable unit so we could actually have some room to move around and make better use of the laundry closet.

Sunday, August 30


After church and lunch, we ran by Sam's Club to pick up a few items we needed. Even though they're a little big for it now, Mara and Lani had a lot of fun riding around in the cart together. Those two are becoming pretty inseparable, and Mara is constantly asking when Lani can come over and spend some time at our house.

No comments: