Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big Girl Bed

Mara has been sleeping in her big girl bed (a full-size bed) for a month now, and she is doing great! Most mornings when she wakes up, she calls, "Mommy! Mommy! Daddy!" until one of us comes in to get her. This past weekend, though, she could tell that at least one of us was up both mornings, so she decided to get out of bed and walk into our room all by herself. This isn't an easy feat, though, as she had all of her security items (cloth, kitty, blanket and paci) all bundled up in her arms.

But back to her big girl bed. We decided to keep her walls yellow, so in February we set out to find bedding that went with the walls. We decided on a butterfly set from JCPenney. We had her bed set up with the new bedding for a couple of weeks before we came to the conclusion that she was feeling cramped in her crib and decided to move her March 17. She still goes to sleep out in the living room with us, although she has decided she wants to lay on the couch to go to sleep and not cuddle with us. I guess that's one step closer to us being able to just lay her down and have her go to sleep on her own. She looks so small when she is in her big girl bed, but she is surrounded by a ton of her stuffed animals. I still need to post some pictures of her sleeping in her big girl bed.

Speaking of posting pictures, I have put up pictures from her birthday party. You can find them here. Also, we picked up Mara's two year pictures last night. They turned out really cute, but we didn't get the shot I was looking for. She is having pictures taken at school today, so hopefully we'll get some good ones there. This is the same company that did an excellent job with the pictures last summer, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I guess that's it for today. I know I have more words to put down, but they just aren't coming. Oh, well. Guess I'd better get back to work then.

No comments: