No, not here in Texas, but up in Oklahoma. Despite forecasted snow of 6-9 inches, we made the trek up to Stillwater this weekend to see John's grandma. Oklahoma had been having winter weather all week, so we got to see plenty of snow. It was the first time Mara had been able to see real snow and not just the ice we get down here.
Sadly, the falling snow quickly turned to freezing rain most of the day Saturday, so no half-foot of snow as forecasted. But, what they had received earlier in the week was still around Sunday, so Mara got to run around in it some. She enjoyed that little bit so much that I think she would have a ball in 6-9 inches of the powdery good stuff.
While we were up in Stillwater, we ate at Eskimo Joe's and drove around the OSU campus some. I always feel so old when I go up there now. It's hard to believe that it's been almost seven years since we moved away. Plus, so much has changed with all of the construction that has been going on around campus, and I'm not just talking about the changes to the football stadium. (I'll probably always call it Lewis Field and not the name it goes by now.) The dorms are all different – espeically after they tore down the set of high-rises where John used to live and built suite-style dorms in it place. It's neat that we're able to go back and visit every once in a while, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment